Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

Taking it to small claims court

We will be taking Bally to small claims court because the amount of money in dispute is so low that it is not worth paying an attorney. (Sadly, even though no attorney thinks our claim is valuable enough to pursue, it's a lot of money to us. Plus, at this point I wouldn't pay Bally out of principle. Rewarding fraud just doesn't seem right.)

Today we sent a notice telling Bally to cease & desist trying to collect money from us. If they fail to comply, we file suit in 30 days. In the interim, I am seeking stories from anyone who has had a dispute with Bally, which will be used in our court case. (My idea is that our claim will look more valid if it's not just he said, she said. Since we didn't videotape my husband when he signed up for his membership, I figured the best thing to do was to prove that Bally has a history of lying to people.)

If you would like to help out, please send your story to jessambu@hotmail.com. Please include your full name and address so that it is clear that all complaints come from real people. Don't worry-- after I send a thank you email, I will not contact you again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?